A coffee maker with programmable timer is incredibly convenient. Do you know why? Like a caring family member, it brews a cup of fresh coffee in advance while you’re asleep and is ready to treat you with this aromatic beverage in the morning. Unlike real people, such devices are never tired of doing this. If you feel that you lack this resident in your kitchen, read this post with a list of the best coffee makers with timer. All these little helpers have one thing in common: they allow users to preset the brewing time within a 24-hour period.
Best Coffee Makers with Timer
The manufacturers of coffee machines offer hundreds of models in which you can activate a timer. This feature was considered a luxury several years ago, but now it’s one of the basic functions. Multiple devices have been analyzed by MilkFrotherTop, and the following ones on the list are top-notch units that are worthy of your attention. Check their technical characteristics before jumping to the model you like.
Ninja CE251 Programmable Coffee Maker
Most people keep their coffee machines on the counter, and the CE251 is a nice-looking appliance to be left in front of your eyes. This model from Ninja features a classic design and comes in black plastic and stainless steel.
Besides its attractive appearance, this drip coffee maker is very functional. The unit has a spacious water tank (60 oz./1.8 l) that allows users to brew 5-12 cups of coffee at a time. The reservoir is transparent and has measurement markings. For users’ convenience, there is a 1-4 cup setting in case they need beverages for fewer people.
The glass carafe can be removed mid-brew to let you enjoy the first cup of coffee without making a mess. The machine pauses to treat you with a freshly prepared beverage. There are also 2 coffee brew settings. So, you can choose either “Classic” or “Rich.”
The device is programmable and allows setting the brewing time within a 24-hour period. The warming plate can be adjusted and keeps the drink hot for up to 4 hours.
The CE251 has a self-cleaning feature, which is very convenient.
- The water tank can be removed
- Makes coffee for both small and large groups of guests
- Comes with a permanent filter that can be reused
- The function of thermal flavor extraction allows getting the best drink flavor
- Has dishwasher-safe parts
- Has cord storage
- On the left side of the machine, there is a stow-away tablespoon
- The carafe is difficult to clean
- The “coffee’s ready” beep is too loud and cannot be disabled
- The ground coffee may get into the carafe
Keurig K-Duo Single Serve Coffee Brewer Compatible with K-Cup Pods
Talking about the appearance, this Keurig model is made of black plastic and comes with a glass carafe. It is an incredible coffee machine since it features multiple functions carefully thought out by the manufacturer for the users’ convenience.
This versatile appliance makes coffee for any occasion. It operates as a drip coffee maker and can brew a 6/8/10/12-cup pot. This is possible due to a large water reservoir that holds 60 ounces of liquid. Also, it can be used as a single-serve brewer and make a 6/8/10/12 oz. cup via a separate brewhead (they share the same water tank). With the catch tray removed, it fits an 8’’ tall travel mug.
The device can be programmed for brewing coffee up to 24 hours in advance. If you are too impatient to wait for your beverage, use the Pause & Pour function to stop the machine for 20 seconds and enjoy the first coffee.
As a cherry on the cake, the machine is compatible with both K-Cup pods and ground coffee. Using the “Strong” button, you can brew a cup of more intense coffee.
- Includes a heating plate
- Makes drinks for a single person and large gatherings
- Turns off automatically 5 minutes after the last cup brew and 2 hours after the last pot brew
- Compatible with reusable and paper coffee filters
- The carafe pouring is messy
- Loud while brewing
- If several users need to make a single cup, they need to wait for several minutes between brews because of the energy-efficient feature
- The carafe doesn’t keep the drink too hot
Black+Decker CM1160B-1 12-Cup Coffee Machine with Timer
This model from Black+Decker features a black plastic housing and includes a DuraLife glass carafe that holds 12 cups of coffee and can be cleaned in a dishwasher. The 60-ounce water tank has an easy-view window. It is front-facing and allows users to see the level of water in the reservoir.
The QuickTouch programming of the device is performed on its base. It has an intuitive control panel that accommodates a LED screen that displays time and digital controls that are easy to operate due to the rubberized feel. The users can set auto brew time within a 24-hour window.
The integrated Sneak-a-Cup feature is a very useful function that lets you pause the brewing process and taste the drink before the brewing cycle is over.
- The carafe has an easy-grip handle and water level markings for accurate filling
- The brew basket can be detached for easy cleaning
- Shuts off automatically in 2 hours
- Equipped with a non-stick plate that keeps drinks warm for an hour
- Has cord storage
- An affordable price
- The coffee grounds usually overflow a filter and end up in a brewed drink
- Customers complain that this model is not durable
- The drinks may have a smell of plastic
Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
This model from Cuisinart has an elegant appearance and features a stainless steel exterior. It comes with a glass carafe able to hold 14 cups of coffee. That’s quite impressive! The pot has a decorative steel handle. The users can brew the whole pot or choose the 1-4-cup setting. The water reservoir (70 oz./2 l) has a convenient easy-to-view window and allows controlling the level of water.
The device is intuitive to operate because all buttons are located on the front panel. The blue LCD is used to program the brewing time in advance (up to 24 hours) and serves as a clock.
Via control buttons, you can customize your beverage strength, choosing between regular and bold, and the temperature of drinks. This smart appliance gives an indicator light signal when it is time for the decalcification process. Using the Brew Pause feature, the machine owners can pour coffee during the brewing process.
- The ready alert signal can be turned on or off
- Integrates a self-cleaning function
- Includes a permanent commercial-style filter
- An automatic switch-off function can be programmed within 0-4 hours
- Recalls the position in the brewing process and settings within a 60-second reset in case of power loss
- Can be used with a charcoal filter for water purification
- There is a warming plate
- Available in various colors of the housing
- The water tank is not detachable
- The metal carafe-resting plate is prone to corrosion
- There is a design flaw in the pouring spout of the carafe
BUNN Heat N Brew Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
This coffee maker from BUNN has a contemporary design performed in black plastic with stainless steel accents and includes a suspended filter basket. It has quite a futuristic look due to multiple curved lines.
The brewing capacity of this unit is 10 cups, so the water bowl is able to hold up to 50 ounces (1.5 l) of water.
The model integrates the Heat & Release technology that activates the brewing process only after the water in the tank reaches 197-205°F (92-96°C). This temperature is considered ideal for the best coffee extraction. The whole brewing process takes 10 minutes. In addition, a multi-stream sprayhead evenly showers hot water over ground coffee to maximize the drink flavor.
On the base of the device, there is a panel with control buttons where you can program the brew start time. This LCD also serves as a digital clock.
- The pour-in water bowl features an indicator that shows a level of water in the tank
- The pot sits on a warming plate
- Provides an opportunity to brew a 20-ounce travel mug
- Turns off automatically in 2 hours
- The carafe is shatter-resistant and features an exclusive design with a drip-free spout
- Offers no coffee customization options
- There is no function to pause brewing
- The water tank is not removable
- The stair-step design of the water tank causes splashes when you pour in water
Mueller Ultra Multiple Brew Strength Coffee Machine with Timer
This drip coffee maker from an Austrian manufacturer allows owners to brew drinks for a gathering of 12 people. It is made of black plastic and integrates a control panel performed in stainless steel with a brand logo running along its top part. The glass carafe features convenient measurement markings.
There are 6 buttons on the control panel and an LCD with a calming blue backlight that also shows the time. The “Strength” button is used for coffee customization, making it more or less intense. With the buttons that program minutes and hours, you can activate the Delay Brew function.
The water tank holds 60 ounces of liquid and has a side window to monitor the amount of water left.
The Ultra works with ground coffee and arrives with a permanent filter. Using the Pause and Serve function, the users can pour some coffee while it is brewing without making a mess.
- Switches off automatically in 2 hours
- Has a place for cord storage
- The pot has a drip-free design and is equipped with an ergonomic handle
- Includes a warming plate
- The water reservoir is built-in and can’t be removed
- Doesn’t keep beverages too hot
- Coffee particles can get into the carafe
Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Brewer with 3 Brewing Options
This coffee maker manufactured by Hamilton Beach comes with an option to brew 12 cups of coffee and accommodates a large water container of 60 oz.
The machine features a black plastic exterior with a front panel performed in stainless steel. Due to a swing-out brew basket, the process of loading ground coffee becomes easier as opposed to a regular top-loading construction.
This model integrates a timer as well and allows owners to set the clock up to 24 hours ahead to get a cup of hot espresso the next morning.
The Select-a-Brew option makes it possible to customize the strength of your coffee (regular or bold) and choose a 1-4 cup setting.
With the Auto Pause & Pour feature, you can stop the machine temporarily to pour some coffee without waiting for the whole carafe to be ready.
- A classic design
- A warming plate that is non-stick
- Automatic shut-off in 2 hours
- Integrates a cleaning cycle reminder
- Can be used with a water filter
- The buttons are too stiff to press
- Doesn’t keep coffee too hot
- Ground coffee may get into the pot
Mr. Coffee 10 Cup Optimal Brew Thermal System
This drip coffee maker from Mr. Coffee features a sleek design and is performed in stainless steel. The piece comes with a thermal stainless steel pot.
Due to the Optimal Brew technology, the device brews hotter drinks (205°F) and does this faster than similar machines from other manufacturers (tested on competitive units).
On the right panel of the device, there is a display window and 7 operational buttons. The special timer tracks time since the last coffee brewing. It is very convenient to know how fresh and hot your drink is now.
The brewing capacity of the device is 10 cups. The Delay Brew feature allows users to set the brew time in advance and enjoy a cup of fresh coffee at the preferred time. If you want to get a cup mid-brew, you can remove a carafe, pausing the brewing process, and enjoy the first drink (Grab-a-Cup Auto Pause).
- The water reservoir can be removed for filling/cleaning
- The double-wall pot holds the drink flavor and temperature for hours
- Performs an automatic clean cycle that removes mineral deposits
- Quiet operation
- The gold-tone permanent filter is not included in the set
- Has no heating plate
- A faulty design may cause the overflow of coffee (it doesn’t flow correctly from the machine to the carafe)
Nostalgia RCOF12RR Programmable Red Coffee Machine with LED Display
Start your morning with a red Nostalgia coffee maker from the retro series. The device is able to brew 12 cups at a time and comes with a 60-oz. water canister.
The machine is 24-hour programmable and allows users to schedule the brewing time for later to be awakened by a fresh beverage in the morning. If you are in a hurry and want to get your drink earlier, the Pause & Serve feature lets you enjoy it ASAP. Also, the machine will keep the beverage warm in a glass pot for 2 hours. After 2 hours, it turns off automatically.
The model is easy to operate via several control buttons on the front panel. The backlit LED display makes the commands easy to read and serves as a kitchen clock.
- The anti-drip design of the carafe
- Includes a removable filter basket and a reusable filter
- For vintage style fans
- There are measurement markings inside a water canister in the form of steps
- The brewbasket has a convenient handle
- The water tank is not removable
- Coffee may have a smell of plastic
These are typical questions asked by potential customers who are going to acquire a programmable coffee maker. You may find some useful information in this section, too.
What Is a Coffee ☕ Machine with a Timer?
A coffee maker with timer is a machine that allows owners to preset the brewing time in advance. Typically, these devices can be programmed up to 24 hours beforehand. The owner of this unit just fills the reservoir with water and the compartment with ground coffee and sets the preferred brewing time. Some appliances may have add-ons like programmable brew strength or a cup number setting, but this is not a necessary condition for a coffee maker with a timer.
How to Set a Timer ⏲️ on Coffee Maker?
Every electric programmable coffee maker comes with an instruction manual that features a detailed description of how to set a timer. All models differ, and there can’t be universal recommendations regarding this point. Usually, there are buttons on the control panel to set the exact hours and minutes of the brew start. The chosen data is shown on the LCD. Depending on the machine model, the “OK” or “ON” button allows users to save this data.
Where to Buy 🛒 the Best Coffee Maker with a Timer?
If you’ve got interested in any of the described models, you can visit the official website of the manufacturer and make an online purchase. Other online sellers such as eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Costco, and Best Buy stock models from various manufacturers, and customers are offered a wider choice among multiple brands. Even if a chosen model is no longer in production and not available on the official website, it can be found and purchased from these vendors. Aside from the above-mentioned machines, they can offer 6-cup and 8-cup models and units from famous brands such as Braun, Oster, Bonavita, KitchenAid, Farberware, Toastmaster, and others.
If your morning starts with coffee and you can’t imagine the beginning of the day without a rejuvenating coffee sip, then you definitely need a personal programmable coffee machine that will brew a fresh beverage right before you enter the kitchen still dressed in your pajamas. The selection above offers multiple options with versatile functions at various price tags. These are reliable and top-rated picks with positive reviews from users.
- Ninja® Coffee Brewer Series | Official Ninja® Product Support & Information – https://www.ninjakitchen.com/
- K-Duo™ Single Serve & Carafe Coffee Maker – https://www.keurig.com/
- 12-Cup* Programmable Coffeemaker, Black – https://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/
- Cuisinart® 14 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker – https://www.cuisinart.com/
- Heat N’ Brew® Programmable 10 Cup Coffee Maker – https://retail.bunn.com/
- Mueller Ultra Coffee Maker – https://muellerdirect.com/
- Hamilton Beach Front-Fill® 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Swing-Out Basket – https://hamiltonbeach.com/
- Mr. Coffee® Stainless Steel 10 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker – https://www.mrcoffee.com/
- KRUPS Simply Brew 5 Cup Coffee Maker KM202850 – https://www.krupsusa.com/
- Retro 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker – https://nostalgiaproducts.com/