A little while back, coffee machines had a hefty price tag and seemed a sort of unaffordable luxury for average people. Luckily, the situation has changed. Today, there are a lot of players on the market that compete in attracting customers with innovative designs and unique functionality of coffee equipment. As a rule, a surplus of goods leads to price reduction. Another good point is the value proposition that has become much better in the lower end of the market. Not mentioning the cheapest coffee machines, this post describes the best espresso machines under 300 dollars. The review proves that you can get a fantastic device at a mid-price price point that makes signature espresso.
Best Espresso Machines Under 300 Dollars
To be honest, at this price point, you won’t get a super-automatic appliance with all bells and whistles; however, take a closer look at the picks under $300 with a milk frother. Check these models because most of them are great deals.
Mr. Coffee Café Barista Semi-Automatic 3-in-1 Coffee Machine
This semi-automatic model from Mr. Coffee features a modern black and silver design and is quite compact to fit into a small kitchen. Its exterior is plastic, but the main parts involved in the brewing process are stainless steel. Made of transparent plastic, the water reservoir is back-loaded and holds 54 oz. of liquid. The device integrates an automatic milk frothing unit, which is a bonus.
The coffee maker is easy to use. First, you load ground coffee into the portafilter and lock it into the brew head. Then, press the corresponding buttons on the control panel to customize your drink or allow the machine to operate in an automatic mode. You can select the beverage size and the amount of frothed milk.
The cleaning process is simple since a lot of machine parts can be removed. With the Clean button, you can launch the process of automatic cleaning to unclog the frother nozzle.
- Sold in various color options
- The reservoirs for holding milk and water are detachable for easy cleanup
- Energy-saving and switches to the standby mode automatically
- The buttons are illuminated
- Offers customization of drinks
- Has an adjustable platform for small cups
- The milk frother operates loudly
- The level of water in the tank cannot be controlled since it is on the backside
- There are some plastic elements that come in contact with hot liquids
Breville Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker (ESP8XL)
This model from Breville is made of brushed stainless steel that makes the machine look sleek and allows wiping all stains easily. It is equipped with a 40.6 oz. water tank, which comes with a transparent window to watch a water level.
To brew drinks, tamp ground coffee into the portafilter and adjust it to the brew head. The machine comes with a set of 3 filters. Each of them features the proprietary dual-wall crema technology that ensures a rich coffee flavor.
For frothing milk, there is an adjustable steam wand on the right side of the device. The appliance is simple in operation since it has only one dial on the control panel that performs 2 functions: it starts the brewing process and activates the mode of frothing milk.
- The box includes a steel pitcher and a tamping tool
- Integrates a cup-warming tray that can heat up to 6 cups
- A removable catch tray
- Can work with ground coffee and pods
- Intuitive to operate
- Made of durable materials
- The clearance between the portafilter and the drip tray doesn’t allow accommodating tall cups
- The steam gets hot slowly
De’Longhi EC702 Espresso Maker with Stainless Steel Boiler
The EC702 coffee maker from De’Longhi features a stainless steel housing and looks professional. The primary characteristic of this model is its stainless steel boiler able to hold 6 oz. of water. Also, it is equipped with 2 thermostats that allow both brewing coffee and frothing milk at the same time. The 44 oz. water tank is side-sitting with a visible water level.
The machine integrates a patented filter-holder with a double function to serve both ground coffee and pods. The milk is frothed with the Pannarello steam wand, which is able to swivel to 180°.
Due to a simple control panel, the appliance is easy to operate with only 3 switches. The model has a number of features that make its use convenient, for example, a cup-warming plate and a built-in coffee tamper.
- The removable catch tray is spacious (up to 17 fl. oz.)
- Smart frother positioning, which doesn’t interfere with the brewing process
- Compatible with a water filter
- A low noise level
- Two thermostats for hotter coffee
- Has a dual dispenser system to serve 2 cups simultaneously
- Not compact
- There is no auto shut-off
- The integrated tamper is not comfortable to use
Nespresso Vertuo Next Single Serve Espresso Maker by Breville
This is one of the latest models released by Breville. It is super compact and performed in a matte black slim design with chrome accents. This is a pod-type coffee maker that uses the capsule-specific brewing technology by reading barcodes printed on coffee capsules. After you place a pod into the machine, the unit is put into operation with the touch of a button.
The capsule container capacity is 10 used espresso pods; besides, there is a function of automatic capsule ejection. The device is able to brew various beverage sizes (1.35, 2.7, 5, 7.8, and 14 oz.).
The water tank capacity is 37 oz. The machine requires 30 seconds to heat up water. The cup support can be adjusted to 4 various positions.
To let you create signature coffee drinks, the Vertuo Next arrives in a bundle with the Aeroccino 3 milk frother.
- A futuristic look
- The appliance is made from 54% recycled materials
- Has a narrow footprint
- Connects to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- The milk frother makes both cold and hot froth
- Shuts off automatically
- Has a descaling alert
- The Bluetooth connectivity is useless because it tells users only when the water tank runs out of water
- Not quite durable
Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Machine
The housing of the other model from Mr. Coffee is a combination of plastic and stainless steel performed in black and silver. The device doesn’t have a steep learning curve. The operation is straightforward and performed with the touch of a button. Intuitive controls allow users to choose a single or double espresso, latte, or cappuccino.
The unit is equipped with a 19-bar pump and the thermocouple heating system that ensures evenly-heated water. The reservoirs for water and milk are detachable and can easily be refilled and cleaned. The milk tank capacity is 22 oz., which is enough for making 6 cappuccinos.
The device comes with an integrated automatic device for frothing milk.
- The removable catch tray can be adjusted to fit short and tall cups
- The tank with leftover milk can be kept in the fridge
- Fast at heating up water
- The portafilter arrives with 2 filters
- Easy to clean because all parts come apart easily
- A powerful pump
- The portafilter locks very tightly
- Loud operation
EspressoWorks 10 Pc All-In-One Barista Coffee Maker
This device has a plastic body, but the color of the front panel in the models varies. The machine includes all features that allow you to turn your kitchen into a personal coffee house. The box with the unit includes:
- an external electric coffee grinder (120 V);
- a milk frother with a detachable milk reservoir;
- 2 double-walled cappuccino cups and 2 espresso ones;
- a measuring spoon and a tamper;
- a portafilter with 2 baskets for single and double espresso;
- 16 stencil templates for cappuccino art.
In addition to multiple accessories, the device integrates a powerful 19-bar pump and features the Advanced ThermoBlock System that allows heating water in 45 seconds.
It comes with a spacious water tank of 47 oz. It is not difficult to use due to a simple control panel and easy-to-understand buttons.
- The water and tank reservoirs can be removed
- Includes a plethora of accessories
- A cup warmer on top
- There are 4 pre-made drink selections in the settings
- It is inexpensive considering the fact that it comes with a grinder and a frother
- The glasses in the set are of premium quality
- The milk tank is hard to clean
- Made of cheap materials and not quite durable
- Makes only espresso or drinks based on espresso (it offers no option to make americano)
De’Longhi BCO430 Combination Machine
This model from De’Longhi is unique because it actually integrates 2 separate coffee makers. It allows making drip coffee and espresso and is equipped with 2 water tanks, which are located in the left and right parts of the appliance and can hold 47 oz. and 40 oz. of water respectively.
The BCO430 comes with an aluminum boiler, which heats water in no time but doesn’t allow brewing coffee and frothing milk at the same time. To make foamed milk, you can use a pivoting frothing wand.
Despite the fact that the machine is multifunctional, it is easy to use. The buttons on the control panel are responsible for activating both brewing processes, while a separate knob turns the milk frother on.
- The ribbed cup-warming top surface preheats cups and holds them firmly
- The water tank can be used with a water filter
- Equipped with a 24-hour timer and a clock
- A modern design with black and silver highlights
- Can be used with ground coffee and pods
- The water reservoir for making espresso can be detached for cleaning
- The water level in the tank for drip coffee cannot be controlled
- The device takes a lot of space
- The model is out of production
Temp iQ Espresso Machine with Steam Wand
The Temp iQ features a stainless steel body and looks like professional barista equipment for those who prefer a generous amount of steel in the overall design. Also, it comes with a café-sized portafilter, which is 58 mm in diameter and able to hold more ground coffee. The machine has a spacious water reservoir of 67.6 oz.
This Calphalon model has the thermoblock heating technology for even heat distribution and pre-infusion to prime the ground coffee prior to extraction. Due to these features, you can brew beverages at the correct temperature and pressure to get the optimally extracted espresso and the best possible flavor.
The device is for entry-level users and easy to operate. There is only one dial knob to toggle between steam and brew options. The stainless steel frothing wand is good at making textured milk and can be pivoted at any angle.
- Comes with multiple accessories such as a steel milk pitcher, a cleaning pin, a tamper, etc.
- Provides a storage place under the drip tray
- The top of the machine is a cup warmer
- The catch tray and the water tank are removable
- Brews pre-programmed single and double shots
- A durable Italian-made pump
- Shuts off automatically
- Some force is required to lock the portafilter in its place
- The operation is on the noisy side
Cuisinart EM-200 Programmable 15-Bar Espresso Maker
The front side of the EM-200 is made of stainless steel for easy cleanup, while the rest of the housing is made of silver plastic to match the metal part. The machine looks solid and modern. The next thing that catches your eye is the 6 buttons on the control panel. They allow you to switch the device on, select the cup size, and turn on the steam. You can select a pre-programmed single or double serving (1.5 oz. or 3 oz.).
The model comes with an extremely spacious water tank (69 oz.), which is rear-sitting. The level of water can be controlled due to a built-in float.
As with any other manual coffee maker, you have to put ground coffee in the portafilter and control the process while it is pouring into your cup.
To make milk-based beverages, froth milk with a frothing wand. For easy use, the steam is operated via a separate knob.
- A durable construction
- Arrives with a steel jug, a tamping/measuring tool, a set of pins, and other helpful accessories
- The water container and the catch tray are removable
- The frothing wand can deliver steam and hot water for other drinks aside from coffee
- The portafilter comes with 3 filter baskets and allows brewing 2 cups simultaneously
- Has a warming plate
- The frothing wand is prone to breakage
- The temperature of the beverages is not too high
De’Longhi Icona Manual Espresso Machine ECO310BK
The Icona is a manual coffee machine. This model allows making 2 beverages in one brewing cycle due to a dual dispenser of the portafilter. The portafilter performs a double function and can be used with both pods and ground coffee.
The appliance has a classic design and features a black and stainless steel housing. The thing is quite compact, making it a space-saver in your kitchen. It is equipped with a rear-sitting water tank that holds 48 oz. of liquid. It also features some bonuses such as a cup-warming plate with holders, a built-in tamper, a removable catch tray, etc.
Since it integrates 2 separate thermostats, it allows users to froth milk and brew coffee at the same time. The operation of the machine is intuitive and performed by 3 buttons with lights (ON/OFF, Brew, and Steam).
- A long-lasting stainless steel boiler
- The water reservoir is detachable
- The patented construction of the filter-holder allows using pods
- Quick at heating up water
- Comes with a frothing wand
- Small in size
- The machine may leak from the bottom
- With the water tank on the backside, the water level is difficult to control
In this section, you’ll find answers to the most typical inquiries from people who are searching for mid-budget coffee machines. Since you are reading this article, you may also be interested in this information.
Why Do You Need an Espresso ☕ Machine Under $300?
It is impossible to make espresso with improvised means. The brewing process involves forcing hot water through the ground coffee and results in a concentrated beverage with thick crema, which can be achieved only by using a special device. With specialty equipment, you can brew this beverage in just a few seconds and with less effort. Also, with your own machine at home, you’ll save money on expensive drinks from coffee shops.
Which Type of Espresso Machine Under $300 Is the Best 🏆?
A semi-automatic coffee machine is a good option for people who want to get a decent appliance at a reasonable price tag.Of course, you’ll have to grind beans, dose and tamp coffee, and froth milk on your own, but these actions take only 5 minutes of your time. Some brands offer models that come with an automatic frother and can be purchased even under 300 dollars.
Is a 300 Dollar 💵 Espresso Machine Worth It?
The machines under $300 are a good choice for everyday home use, and most coffee makers at this price point come with a milk frothing unit. They are easy to maintain and integrate a minimum of control buttons.
Where to Buy 🛒 Quality Espresso Machine Under $300?
If you’ve already chosen the brand, you can purchase the model you like on the official website of this manufacturer. If you are not certain which offer is more suitable for you, surf the Internet and find multiple offerings on the Amazon and eBay platforms and in online stores such as Walmart, Costco, Best Buy, Target, etc. Numerous customers’ reviews may help you shape your ideas into a particular brewing device.
Finding the right type of coffee machine that is suitable for your budget, lifestyle, and needs can be a challenging task. So, understanding your preferences will make the search easier. The 10 strong candidates described in the review pack a number of great functions with some of them typical for brewers with a higher price tag. You can create perfect espressos with any of these options to cut costs and not to waste time driving to a local coffee house.