If you like coffee and want to enjoy it without spending a fortune on a coffee machine, you can make a purchase by choosing a decent option from units under 50 bucks. Don’t be skeptical about the price; these devices won’t collapse after a couple of uses. A lot of affordable models are really great, usually just lacking a number of functions typical for expensive super-automatic monsters. Since the market is flooded with poor-quality units, MilkFrotherTop offers a list of the best coffee makers under 50 dollars from trusted brands.
Best Coffee Makers Under 50 Dollars
This table provides detailed information about the highest-rated models described below. This is the best way to compare the products and focus on the option that suits you.
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
If you are searching for a compact model, this machine from Hamilton Beach is the right choice for you. The appliance is made of black plastic, and its water reservoir holds only 14 ounces. However, the unit offers a duo of brewing options. The users can enjoy an opportunity to use freshly ground coffee and K-Cups.
The machine is easy to operate: just lift the lid, put a K-Cup or ground coffee in the holder, and lower the lever. To brew espresso, press a button.
Due to a detachable catch tray, you can accommodate larger cups and travel mugs up to 8” tall. The cup rest can double and serve as a storage area to keep a brew basket.
- Has a viewing window to monitor the water level
- The removable parts can be cleaned in a dishwasher
- Compatible with ground coffee and pod packs
- Shuts off automatically
- A space-saving option
- The water tank is small
- Not durable
- Too slow at making drinks
- The pod lever doesn’t close smoothly
BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The model from BLACK+DECKER allows brewing espresso for a group of people and program the 24-hour auto brew. It features a modern and sleek design and comes with a DuraLife glass carafe. The water reservoir holds liquid enough to make 12 cups of coffee 5 ounces each. The front-facing opening shows the amount of water in the tank.
The device is operated via digital controls. The buttons are rubberized and easy to touch. The screen shows the programming options, brew time, and a clock. Due to the Sneak-a-Cup technology, you can pause the brewing process, remove the carafe, and pour the first cup of coffee. After the carafe is in its place, the brewing process continues.
The appliance works with ground coffee. The brew basket can be easily removed and washed. The warming plate is non-stick and simple to clean.
- Shuts off automatically after 2 hours of non-use
- The plate keeps the carafe warm within 1 hour after the brewing process
- Large capacity of 12 cups
- Has a cord storage space
- Some users complain the drinks have a taste of plastic
- Comes with a short cord
- The lid of the water tank is flimsy
Mr. Coffee Black 12-Cup Coffee Maker
A similar model is offered by Mr. Coffee. This is a drip machine that uses ground coffee. It features a classic design performed in black. With this device, you can make drinks for a crowd of people since it allows brewing 12 cups at a time. Its reservoir can hold 60 oz. of water, and its glass carafe accommodates the same amount of a ready-made beverage. In addition, the liquid reservoir comes with a dual view window, which is very convenient to control a water level from various angles.
The unit is simple in operation and has only one control (an on/off switch). If you are in a hurry and want to taste your beverage before the whole brewing cycle is over, you can remove a carafe from the base, fill a cup, and then place the pot back.
The warming plate keeps the drink warm within 2 hours.
- Integrates the Grab-a-Cup Auto Pause function
- Two water windows
- Compatible with paper and permanent filters
- A spacious water tank
- Has cord storage
- Doesn’t integrate the auto shut-off function
- Takes a lot of time to make drinks
- The Teflon coating on the warming plate is not durable
KRUPS Simply Brew 10 Cup Drip Coffee Maker with Stainless Steel Finish
KRUPS is a German manufacturer with over 150 years of experience. The drip coffee maker under discussion is an affordable yet functional model able to brew 10 cups. The device features a stainless steel design making it a long-lasting unit. The water reservoir holds 50 oz. of water and has an opening that displays the level of liquid on its left side.
The operation is intuitive: ground coffee is loaded into a permanent/paper filter, and the ON button is pressed. The machine is equipped with the Pause & Serve system that allows users to pour the first cup without waiting when the brewing cycle is finished. Due to the Keep Warm function, the beverage in the carafe remains hot for 1 hour.
- A small footprint
- The steel housing makes the machine the most durable unit on the list
- Pause & Serve function
- An automatic shut-off
- Features a warming plate
- The opening for filling water is too small
- The spout of the carafe dribbles when you pour drinks
Hamilton Beach 12 Cups Programmable Coffee Maker
Another model from Hamilton Beach comes with a 60 oz. water tank and allows brewing 12 cups of coffee. The reservoir can be easily accessed from the front, which is more convenient than the back-loading container.
The exterior of the machine is black plastic with a stainless steel front panel. Also, it is equipped with a swing-out brew basket. Such a construction makes it easier to load ground coffee, in contrast to a basket that is top-loading.
The model is programmable and allows users to customize drinks making them stronger. You can choose regular, bold, or 1-4 cup options. The machine owners can also set the clock of the appliance up to 24 hours ahead to enjoy fresh and hot espresso in the morning.
Again, like many of the units described in the post, this device has the Auto Pause & Pour function that allows you to enjoy the first cup of coffee faster.
- Can be used with a water filter
- A convenient design
- A non-stick warming plate
- A 2-hour automatic shut-off
- Has a cleaning cycle reminder
- Adjustable brew strength
- The beverages are not too hot
- Ground coffee can get into your cup
- The buttons are too stiff and require some force to press
Chefman InstaCoffee Single Serve Coffee Maker Compatible with K-Cup Pods
The InstaCoffee from Chefman is a super-compact coffee machine that takes little counter space. The device allows you to enjoy ultimate versatility since it offers a 2-way brewing method. It is compatible with K-Cup pods and ground coffee and can be used for making loose-leaf tea. The brewing capacity is 14 oz. The housing of the model is stainless steel and black rubber.
With the one-touch operation, you can make a beverage, spending only a few seconds from start to finish.
- A slim and sleek profile
- It is lightweight and can be taken on trips
- Brews espresso in less than a minute
- Can be used for brewing ground coffee/tea and works with capsules
- Accommodates tall travel mugs
- The mug is not included
- The clearance between the spout and the drip tray is too large; while dispensing coffee, the machine makes splashes when the coffee is brewed in a short cup
Mueller Ultra Programmable Coffee Maker
The Ultra model from an Austrian manufacturer allows you to brew a pot of espresso for 12 people. Similar to other reviewed machines, this appliance is a drip coffee maker with a glass carafe. The capacity of the water reservoir is 60 oz., and it has a window to monitor the level of the liquid left.
The unit is made of BPA-free plastic with a stainless steel control panel. On the panel, there are 6 buttons that allow you to customize the drinks and an LCD display with a clock function.
This device comes with a permanent filter and works with ground coffee. It has the Pause and Serve function, so you can pour espresso while it is brewing.
- Has a cord storage place
- An automatic shut-off after 2 hours of non-use
- The carafe features a special design and has a convenient handle
- There is a warming plate
- The beverages are not too hot
- Ground coffee can get into your cup
- The carafe is not insulated
The drip coffee machine from SHARDOR is another 12-cup unit with a water tank able to hold 60 oz. It is performed in black plastic and comes with a DuraLife glass pot. The appliance has a special spouting design and stops the brewing process to prevent cold water from mixing in when you fill water.
This smart device can be programmed if you want to customize the strength of your espresso or set the time of the brewing cycle in advance (up to 24 hours). This can be done via control buttons on the front panel with visualization of your setting on an LCD display, which also serves as a digital clock.
The model uses ground coffee and comes with a reusable filter. Due to the Anti-Drip function, the brewing process can be paused so that users can pour a cup of mid-brew coffee.
- Turns off automatically after 2 hours of non-use
- A modern design
- Can be programmed
- The warming plate keeps the drink hot within 2 hours
- Slow at brewing espresso
- Not durable
- Little information is available about the manufacturer
If you’re looking for a deal, you may be interested in the information below. These are typical questions about low-budget coffee machines and answers to them.
Why Do You Need a Coffee ☕ Maker Under $50?
An inexpensive machine will allow you to enjoy homemade coffee without breaking the bank. This device will save your money and time that you spend brewing espresso manually. In addition, you won’t get nervous as you would when you were watching your coffee brewing on a stove. Just load ground coffee into a filter basket, push a button, and voila – your beverage is ready.
Which Type of Coffee Maker Under $50 Is the Best 🏆?
While choosing a model among multiple affordable coffee makers, pay attention to the following characteristics of the device:
- size of the water reservoir;
- number of cups it makes;
- materials of the housing;
- auto functions;
- customization options;
- compatibility with K-Cups.
At this price range, brands may offer other additional features. Read reviews from users who’ve bought the model that you want to decide if you can put up with the drawbacks of this particular machine.
What Is the Best Brand of Coffee Makers Under 50 Dollars 💵?
A lot of companies that produce household appliances manufacture coffee machines as well, while there are brands that specialize only in coffee makers. The popular vendors that offer quality home coffee machines and latte makers at reasonable prices are Mueller, SHARDOR, Chefman, KRUPS, Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, Keurig, BLACK+DECKER, Breville, and many others. As a rule, machines under $50 are designed for domestic use; they are user-friendly and suitable for beginners.
Where to Buy 🛒 Quality Coffee Maker Under $50?
After reading this review, you know which brands manufacture affordable coffee makers and what to expect from these devices. You can visit the official websites of these companies and choose a model up to your needs. Various good options are offered by large online supermarkets and vendors such as Best Buy, Costco, Target, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, etc.
Before buying a budget coffee machine, think of the functions you want to get. If you want to serve coffee for a group of people, don’t buy a single-serve K-Cup espresso machine but opt for a multi-cup drip coffee maker. These low-priced units may come with some downsides like lack of certain functions, slow brew speed, a non-thermal carafe, or a plastic exterior. If these features are not deal-breakers, get a brewer under $50.
With an affordable device, you can get acquainted with this type of household appliance and understand all the benefits of having it at home. You’ll have enough experience of using it and be ready to acquire a more expensive model with a grinder and a milk frother.
- Hamilton Beach FlexBrew® Single-Serve Coffee Maker Black and Silver – 49974 – https://hamiltonbeach.com/
- 12-Cup* Programmable Coffeemaker, Black | CM1160B | BLACK + DECKER – https://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/
- Mr. Coffee® Simple Brew 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker – https://www.mrcoffee.com/
- Hamilton Beach Front-Fill® 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Swing-Out Basket – 46310 – https://hamiltonbeach.com/
- InstaCoffee Single Serve Coffee Maker – Chefman – https://chefman.com/
- Chefman Instacoffee Single Serve Brewer Demo – https://www.youtube.com/
- Mueller Ultra Coffee Maker, Programmable 12-Cup Machine, Multiple Brew – https://www.muellerdirect.com/