If you work in a crowded office or have a large household, a Keurig coffee maker with carafe will be a lifesaver. It is one of the most famous manufacturers that offer a diversity of appliances to brew caffeinated beverages for several people at a time. These machines are incredibly convenient and often feature functionality that you can dream of, for example, customization of drinks or programmability.
Let’s discover the best Keurig with carafe so that you can get the advantage of all the premium features brought by the brand. I’m sure there is something for you in this Keurig range.
Best Keurig Coffee Makers with Carafe
There are a lot of different models of coffee machines with a carafe from Keurig. To make your choice easier, check these top-rated picks that have been chosen regarding their functionality, design, ease of use, brewing quality, and price.
Keurig K-Duo Plus Single Serve Coffee Maker with Stainless Carafe
The K-Duo Plus is a versatile model from Keurig that takes the best of both worlds – it works with capsules and ground coffee and can brew one mug (6/8/10/12 oz.) and a pot (6/8/10/12 cups). It allows you to accommodate travel mugs that are 7.25’’ tall and even 8’’ tall ones with the drip tray removed.
The appliance looks very sleek. The first thing that will catch the customer’s eye is a multi-position canister for water, which can be attached on the left/right side of the device or located in the back. The unit is black plastic with silver accents and comes with a stainless steel pot. Even if you’re brewing the whole carafe, you can pour the first coffee by pausing the machine mid-brew.
Due to the auto brew feature, you can use a timer to drink a freshly-made beverage at the preferred time. Users who love intense coffee can increase the strength of drinks with the “Strong” button.
- The water tank can be positioned either way, regarding your counter space
- Coffee strength customization
- A small footprint
- The water reservoir has a handle for users’ convenience
- The pot keeps the drink warm for 2 hours
- Offers various brew sizes
- Arrives with a mesh coffee filter and can be used with paper filters
- Turns off 5 minutes after the brewing cycle is completed
- The shape of the appliance seems slightly flimsy
- The coffee filter basket is hard to pull out
- Sixty ounces of water in the tank are not enough to brew the full carafe, so the tank should be refilled halfway through
Keurig K-Duo Single Serve and Carafe Coffee Maker
This Keurig K-Duo single-serve coffee machine has a black plastic exterior and arrives with a glass pot. The model is unique since it allows users to make coffee for various occasions. Actually, it combines 2 brewers that share the same tank for water, which is pretty spacious and holds 60 ounces. The left machine side operates as a 12-cup drip coffee maker. The users can brew the whole pot or make drinks for fewer cups (6/8/10). On the right side of the device, there is a single-serve brewer with a separate brewhead. It brews drinks in 6/8/10/12-ounce cups. If you remove a leftover water tray, you can place a travel mug, which is 8’’ tall. The fans of intense coffee can increase the drink strength with the “Strong” button.
The unit has a timer and can be programmed in advance (up to 24 hours). For people in a hurry, there is the pause function that allows them to stop the appliance for several seconds and drink the first cup.
- Offers 2 brewing options (for one person and if you’re hosting a group of people)
- Turns off automatically (2 hours after the pot is brewed/5 minutes after the cup is brewed)
- Works with both paper and reusable coffee filters
- Accepts K-Cup capsules and ground coffee
- Features a heating plate
- The water tank is detachable
- Loud operation
- The pot is not good at keeping the high temperature of the drinks
- The spout of the carafe features messy pouring
- Users have to wait several minutes if they make several single-serve brews
Keurig K-Duo Essentials Coffee Maker with 12-Cup Carafe
The K-Duo Essentials allows users to brew both a single cup and make drinks for large gatherings (up to 12 people) at a time. The model integrates 2 brewing systems. The brewhead on the left side can brew a carafe (8/10/12 cups), while a single-serve brewer on the right makes drinks for 8/10/12-oz. cups. They share the same back-loading water reservoir (60 oz.), which is very convenient and saves time on refills. The 5.8’’ clearance allows you to brew travel mugs. With a drip bowl removed, you can accommodate 7’’ mugs.
This model comes with the pause function, so you can interrupt the brewing process before it is over and taste coffee.
The owners of this machine have the option of loading ground coffee and inserting capsules. The unit works with capsules of multiple brands to choose from.
Due to the auto-off feature, the appliance switches off 1 minute after the cup is brewed and 2 hours after the pot is brewed.
- There is a heating plate that keeps the drink in the glass carafe warm for long
- Multiple brew sizes
- The water tank can be detached for cleaning/refilling
- The machine alerts when water refill is required
- Simple to operate
- With the rear-sitting water canister, the liquid level is hard to control
- Takes plenty of time to brew the decanter
- Coffee particles may get into the drink
- The pot is in an awkward position: it should be on the right side of the machine since most of the users are right-handers
Keurig K-Duo Special Edition Coffee Maker with Carafe
The K-Duo Special Edition is similar to the K-Duo model with slight design differences. This version has a silver finish, which makes its appearance sleek, and comes with a metallic carafe handle.
The appliance integrates 2 systems for brewing a pot (6/8/10/12 cups) and single cups (6/8/10/12 oz.). They have a common water canister with a capacity of 60 ounces, which can be detached for easy cleanup or refill.
The unit works with ground coffee and uses capsules. If you like bold drinks, press the “Strong” button to get intense coffee.
This is a programmable machine, so you can set the timer and get your coffee at the preferred time. Also, you can pause the machine and pour your drink during the brewing process.
- A modern and elegant appearance
- There is a heating plate to warm coffee in the decanter
- With the detached drip bowl, you can accommodate 8’’ tall travel mugs
- Automatic turn-off
- Works with reusable and paper coffee filters
- With the water canister on the backside, it is difficult to control the liquid level
- Works loudly
- The carafe spout has a design flaw and spills drinks
Keurig K350 2.0 Brewing System
This model features a classic design with a black plastic exterior. It has a large water tank (60 oz.), which is located on the left machine side. The unit offers an opportunity for water purification, so you can insert a water filter into the tank.
It works only with capsules, but it is able to accept various pod sizes. It can brew K-Carafe and K-Cup capsules. Since it is compatible with coffee capsules of 75 brands, users have multiple varieties to choose from. Also, it accepts all Keurig 2.0 K400 capsules.
Thanks to the revolutionary brewing technology, the device reads barcodes on the capsules and makes a perfect drink each time. For taller cups, you can remove a drip bowl and place a travel mug.
The unit is easily operated via a 2.4’’ touch screen, which allows you to control the coffee strength. Also, it turns off 1 hour after the last brewing cycle.
- The water canister allows users to control the liquid level
- Can make specialty beverages like tea and hot cocoa
- Arrives with a 4-cup carafe
- Can be used with ground coffee
- Simple to use
- Has a water filter reminder
- The carafe doesn’t keep drinks hot for long
- Loud brewing
- A discontinued model which is hard to find
Customers who are planning to buy a Keurig coffee maker with carafe may want to be familiar with the brand and its machines. This section includes the most typical questions from potential buyers and answers from experts.
What Is a Coffee Machine with a Carafe?
The carafe in a coffee machine is a pot that holds the brewed drink. Usually, pots are made of glass or stainless steel. Some carafes can be thermal (or insulated), which means they have a function of heat retention and can maintain coffee hot ?️ for a couple of hours. They require no heating plate, which is said to cause excessive bitterness of the drink.
How to Use Coffee ☕ Maker with Carafe?
If you want to brew drinks in a machine that works with ground coffee, here is a quick user manual. Fill the reservoir with water. Open the lid and load ground coffee into the filter basket, using a measuring scoop and regarding the number of cups you’re going to make. Close the lid. Put the carafe in place under the spout and align it with the brewhead. You’ll hear a click. Press the corresponding buttons on the control panel if you need the drink customization. Then, press “Start/ON.”
If you want to brew coffee using capsules, follow the same steps. Instead of loading ground coffee, put a coffee pod in the compartment for capsules.
How to Clean a Keurig Carafe?
Carafes can be a bit burdensome to clean because most of them have small openings. It is hard to fit your hand inside the carafe and wash it. Stainless steel pots should not be cleaned with steel brushes or aggressive cleaning solutions that can scratch their walls. Use dish soap ? and a soft sponge for cleanup. You can mix vinegar and baking soda and let this composition soak inside the pot for several minutes. Then, rinse the pot thoroughly. You can also use special cleaning tablets designed for coffee machines.
If washing a carafe by hand is a real issue for you, opt for dishwasher-safe alternatives.
Where to Buy ? the Best Coffee Maker with Carafe?
The Keurig website offers all described models for sale, so you can jump to its official webpage and make an online purchase. Don’t discount large online vendors such as eBay, Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and others because they often sell household appliances at better prices and have discontinued models in stock.
To save time in the morning and delight your family members (or colleagues at work) with a cup of freshly-made coffee, invest in a coffee machine with a carafe. It is an ideal way to make tasty beverages for several people simultaneously.
The Keurig machines are among the most affordable appliances on the market with decent functionality and longevity. In the above selection, there are models that are compatible with both ground coffee and capsules so that all coffee lovers can enjoy their favorite cup of Joe.
- K-Duo Plus™ Single Serve & Carafe Coffee Maker – https://www.keurig.com/
- K-Duo™ Single Serve & Carafe Coffee Maker – https://www.keurig.com/
- K-Duo Essentials™ Single Serve & Carafe Coffee Maker – https://www.keurig.com/
- K-Duo® Special Edition Single Serve & Carafe Coffee Maker Keurig® – https://www.keurig.com/