All baristas and owners of coffee shops know that good coffee starts with a good grinder. Commercial coffee grinders are machines that come with a larger capacity than devices for home use. If you consider purchasing any of these appliances, MilkFrotherTop has selected a list of the top professional grinders.
More than 30 hours were spent to scour the Internet and find the best and most popular grinders available today. Read this post to review these findings and discover the best commercial coffee grinder for your business or a high-traffic office location.
Top 6 Commercial Coffee Grinders
Baratza Encore Burr Coffee Grinder
It’s highly likely that there is no other similar conical burr coffee grinder that combines the features of the professional-grade device and is user-friendly even for entry-level users. It’s all about the Baratza Encore appliance.
In fact, it has convenient yet manual operation. You need to push and hold the button for a few seconds to get the required amount of ground coffee. Or if you need to grind more coffee, you can twist the switch to make the device work continuously.
It has only three parts: a bean hopper at the top, a grinder, and a ground coffee compartment. By the way, if you want to adjust a grind level, then you just need to twist the bean hopper, selecting the most appropriate one out of 40 available options.
- There are 40 grind levels
- There is a pulse button for short duration grinding and a switch that runs the device continuously
- It’s intuitively easy to use
- It tends to clog
- It may be challenging to assemble the device right out of the box
Rancilio Rocky SD Espresso Coffee Grinder
The Rocky SD from Rancilio is a very compact grinder. It comes equipped with 50 mm stainless steel flat burrs and allows grinding up to 7.7 lbs of beans per hour.
The design of the model is remarkable. The device features a metal fork to accommodate a portafilter and can mill coffee directly into the receptacle for brewing.
The appliance operates by the press of a button. The grind settings can be changed by unlocking the lever and spinning the bean hopper. The number of grind options is fantastic – 55.
All these units are tested by the manufacturer prior to packaging, so users can be sure they get a functional machine.
- A powerful grinding mechanism (1725 rpm)
- A spacious bean hopper (0.66 lbs)
- A nice price point
- A tinted reservoir for beans to keep them fresh
- Works fast and quietly causing minimal annoyance
- The construction is made to last
- The spout for ground coffee can be messy
- Due to the factory testing, the unit may contain traces of coffee residue
- The burrs tend to hold a large amount of ground coffee
BUNN G3 HD Black Bulk Coffee Grinder
This model inspired by BUNN is very narrow and can be squeezed between other electric appliances on the countertop. Performed in black, it looks very elegant and high-tech.
The device features a high-volume grinding system with Turbo action. It is able to process 1 lb of coffee beans in 30 seconds, while its enormous bean hopper can hold 3 lbs of beans.
The appliance offers 9 grind settings. The switch allows you to select the necessary grind thanks to easy-to-understand images. The machine starts working when its sensor detects a bag or a brewed cup under the dispensing chute.
A convenient lever helps clean out coffee from the chamber.
- The quickest performance
- A spacious container for beans
- Comes with safety features
- Provides a 4-year warranty on grinding burrs
- Rather pricey
- Works loudly
- BUNN doesn’t sell products directly to end-users but via local dealers
Baratza Forté BG Flat Steel Coffee Grinder
Baratza is a manufacturer known for award-winning coffee grinders. Engineered as a commercial solution, this sturdy and user-friendly grinder is great for people who are going to open coffee shops or bars.
Though the Forté BG features a small footprint, it packs numerous features. In addition, the model has a sleek look due to its polished metal body.
Thanks to grind-by-weight functionality, it allows users to get accurate grind weight. The 54 mm flat burrs made of stainless steel are hardy enough to process 5 lbs of beans a day.
The model is programmable and operates via an LCD control panel.
- A durable design
- A built-in electronic scale
- Easy to clean
- Very powerful (1950 rpm)
- Multiple grind settings (10 main and 26 intermediate steps)
- A burr calibration option
- Limited warranty period (1 year)
- Rather expensive
BUNN LPG Coffee Grinder with 1 Hopper
This remarkable model from BUNN differs by an extremely large bean hopper able to hold 6 lbs of beans. The hopper is transparent and made of acrylic. It is designed for heavy commercial use and allows users to grind coffee directly to the filter holder (it is sold without a receptacle).
The device offers several grind adjustments from coarse to fine, which are done from the bottom of the burrs.
Through the cover in the back of the machine, you can operate a built-in timer. Similar to a rotary mechanical kitchen timer, it is not quite precise in the setting. It can be adjusted from 3 to 36 seconds.
- A classic design
- Works quickly
- Very efficient
- A very durable construction
- Takes a lot of space on the counter
- Loud operation
- BUNN doesn’t sell products directly to customers but only through dealers
- The timer is not digital
- The acrylic container is not an ideal option to store beans
EUREKA Zenith 65 HS Stepless Coffee Grinder
In more than 50 countries, EUREKA is known as the reference standard of quality and reliable coffee grinders. The Zenith is a new line of this brand that embodies beautiful and efficient models.
The 65 HS is equipped with a 65 mm flat burr and features an innovative mechanism of dosing beans. It comes with a 3-pound bean hopper and allows regulating and dosing beans on 5 levels.
The design of the model is outstanding. Made of chrome aluminum, the machine comes with a special hook to hold a portafilter and a tamper to press ground coffee.
- Available in 5 color variations
- A unique dosing technique that eliminates coffee decay caused by aging and oxidation
- A spacious bean hopper
- A hassle-free cleaning procedure
- Tremendous productivity (11 kg/hour)
- The patented Micrometric Regulation System for keeping precise grind settings
- Rather expensive
How to Choose Best Commercial Coffee Grinder?
A good machine will grind your beans to a perfect consistency and help be very fast to keep up with the crowd. Read the following tips that may be helpful to choose a good commercial-grade grinder.
These are the primary criteria to pay attention to. Once you have found a machine with these features, you can look for additional features at your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
People who are planning to open a coffee shop and searching for a commercial grinder may have some questions about this type of professional equipment. The information below may be helpful for entry-level users.
What Is a Commercial Coffee ☕ Grinder?
Commercial coffee grinders are appliances designed to deliver a variety of grinds and coffee types. They feature a larger capacity than traditional grinders. They are intended to be used more frequently and process larger coffee batches. These machines are typical for coffee houses and big offices.
How to Use 👀 This Type of Coffee Grinder?
Each coffee grinder includes the instruction manual that describes how to use it correctly. Here are some steps characteristic of all grinder models.
- Fill the bean hopper with coffee beans.
- Adjust the grind size. In some models, you may need to set the preferred speed/quantity of ground coffee/time and make other extra settings.
- Press the START button. The machine will stop automatically after the grinding process is over.
All manufacturers don’t recommend using oily beans not to clog the cutting knives.
How to Clean 💧 Commercial Coffee Grinder?
Commercial grinders are designed to mill a large number of beans. As a rule, most of these machines are partially removable since they may require a more frequent cleanup.
Remove the bean hopper and clean it with warm soapy water. Wash and dry the reservoir thoroughly. Detach the upper burr and clean it with a brush. You may use a toothpick and a lint-free cloth.
You can vacuum to clean other spaces inside. Reassemble the machine and check that it is in a working condition.
Where Can You Buy 🛒 Best Commercial Coffee Grinder?
Most manufacturers of coffee grinders sell their products in brand stores and own an official website to put them on sale online. However, some brands don’t deal directly with customers and distribute goods through dealers.
Buying commercial grinders via large online suppliers is the quickest and most convenient way. These vendors offer good prices and show multiple reviews from users. On Amazon and eBay, customers on a tight budget can buy used items. Huge supermarkets (Target, Walmart) and stores that sell electrical appliances (Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy) offer commercial grinders for sale as well.
The idea of the “perfect grinder” doesn’t exist. Customers may find drawbacks even in unique and flawless models. The selection offered in this post describes machines that include exceedingly strong features. These finalists capture optimal design and top functions. Comment what your preference is on this list.
- Model Rocky: Rancilio’s Coffee Machines and Grinders – Rancilio Group – https://www.ranciliogroup.com/
- G3 HD Black – Grinders – BUNN Commercial Site – https://commercial.bunn.com/
- Baratza Forté BG Coffee Grinder – https://baratza.com/
- LPG, Stainless Steel – Grinders – BUNN Commercial Site – https://commercial.bunn.com/
- EUREKA – ZENITH 65 HS Espresso Grinders – https://www.eureka.co.it/