There might be a dilemma when choosing between 2 almost the same machines that produce great coffee. But what if each device will be reviewed more carefully, observing each feature and detecting the difference between Nespresso Evoluo and Breville Vertuo that are both from VertuoLine series? For sure, such information would be useful, especially if you are one of those who want to make the right decision. Stay with us!
Compare Nespresso Evoluo Vs Vertuo
In fact, when you learn information about one device, it’s quite difficult to compare its parameters, switching from one product to another. Thus, for your comfort, here is a table where all the specifications are well seen.
Key Features of Nespresso Evoluo by De’Longhi
This machine allows you to enjoy your morning owing to freshly made coffee. Luckily, this device supports 5 cup sizes. Thus, if you are not alone or just don’t want plain espresso, you can swap it to the bigger size or another flavor.
- Blending coffee with water is performed by the special Centrifusion extraction technology. Patented by Nespresso, it allows the extraction process to be done in a special way. When the process is running, the capsule starts spinning up to 7.000 times in a minute. This allows the brew to blend with water, and as a result there appears smoothly textured froth on the top.
- Another special feature of the Evoluo coffee machine is its ability to recognize the type of capsule and coffee automatically, without manually adjusting the settings. It’s made by an intelligent built-in system that scans the barcode on the capsule.
- As a result, there is no need to press any additional buttons. There is one single dial with the button that allows locking and unlocking the capsule. Once you insert the capsule and close the lever, the machine knows what to do next. When it finishes, it ejects the empty capsule pack.
In order to make the whole machine work properly, there have to be all the parts in the right places. Luckily, the number of disassembling parts is not large. There is only a water tank that comprises up to 54 oz, tanks for empty capsules, and a cup supporter that can be adjusted according to the size of a container.
- Simple operation
- The large water tank
- The time of preparation is short
- It produces wonderful crema
- The temperature of the ready drink is lower than it has to be
- It requires Nespresso coffee pods specially designed for Vertuo machines
Key Features of Nespresso Vertuo by Breville
Machines from the Nespresso line should have the same features so a user won’t experience any difficulties with the pods. Thus, the Breville machine also supports 5 various cup sizes.
- The machine has a pre-installed program that produces drinks easily and without any mess. A user will have to load the capsule with the chosen drink, and the machine will analyze what type of coffee it is and start the program.
- Achieving wonderful crema on the top of your coffee is performed by special technology. The machine works along with the Centrifusion extraction technology that rotates the capsule and blends ground coffee with water in order to get the desirable froth.
- Obviously, thanks to special scanning technology that tracks the type of coffee, it adjusts the machine settings, too. In other words, there are no special buttons that launch particular programs for preparing coffee; instead, there is one single button.
In fact, instead of one unit, a user will get a set of 2 devices: a coffee machine and a separate frothing device. The machine is equipped with a water tank that comprises up to 40 oz.
The brewing unit is hidden inside the head of the machine. In order to reach it and place the coffee pod for processing, you need to lift the head up. In addition, there is a cup supporter that works as a drip container simultaneously. Unfortunately, it’s non-adjustable.
- The operation is very easy and intuitively clear
- The preparing process is fast
- The relatively big water reservoir
- The separate frothing device
- The froth is thick and dense
- The temperature of the ready drink is low
- The pods are quite expensive
So, What Is the Difference Between These Models?
First of all, let’s take a closer look at the capacity of the water tank. Obviously, in the DeLonghi machine, it’s bigger than in the Breville one. It means that if you value your time, then it’s probably better to have the Delonghi device.
The second thing is the ability to adjust the height of the cup supporter. This feature is only in the Delonghi machine, while in the Breville’s one is stationery.
In terms of scanning the barcode, in the Breville machine the scanning device is laser that promises to work much better. However, in reality, both devices work accurately and fast.
The container for used capsules is obviously bigger in the Delonghi machine. It comprises up to 17 pieces, while in the Breville one the maximum quantity is up to 13.
In terms of the size, unfortunately, Delonghi is much bulkier, and as a result, it’s heavier than Breville, too.
Is the Evoluo or Vertuo Right for You?
Oh wow, it was quite a complicated fight of Nespresso Evoluo vs Vertuo. However, each device will have its owner. In particular, if your kitchen counter is limited, then you should buy the Breville machine. However, you will have to refill the water tank and empty the container for used capsules more often. Meanwhile, the Delonghi device is ideal for big families that live in a house and have lots of space in the kitchen.