It is difficult to imagine cafes, bars, coffee houses, and restaurants operate properly without professional espresso machines. They allow preparing a large number of tasty, fragrant, hot beverages in a short time, which every coffee connoisseur will appreciate.
Best Espresso Machines for Small Business
You will not have a problem with the choice of a coffee machine for home use. Deciding on a model for a coffee shop is a bit more complicated. It is necessary to take into account its performance, operating activity, consider a set of additional options. Professional coffee machines do not only have high cost but also the excellent quality of the finished drink. For small coffee houses, you can choose simpler models – there are good carob options. For large catering establishments, dimensional automatic or semi-automatic coffee machines with the ability to connect to the water supply are more suitable.
It took several days to create a rating of the 10 best commercial espresso machine for coffee houses of various levels and the results are presented below.
Breville the Barista Express® Espresso Machine
When you first look at Breville the Barista Express, it’s immediately clear that this espresso machine is ideal for business. Perfect, smooth and simple lines inspire. This is a semi-automatic device, and if you like to control and intervene in the brewing process, then you will like its functionality.
All necessary controls are placed on a smooth stainless steel case. Initially, you might be frightened by such an interface. However, after studying the manual and several attempts to familiarization the appliance, you will be satisfied with the result. An integrated cone grinder grinds the right dose of coffee directly into the portafilter. After it is filled, you can easily tamp the contents of the portafilter. It also has a knob for adjusting the degree of grinding of the beans.
Enjoy a hot and aromatic espresso with digital temperature control (PID). With a steam wand, you can create great airy foam and latte art for your drinks.
To keep the device clean, you just need to rinse all removable parts and wipe dry with a cloth.
With Breville Barista espresso machine, you will get not only the most delicious coffee, but also acquire new skills.
- This machine will make the ideal double shot with the selected settings
- The controlled coffee brewing process
- The steam wand creates micro-foam milk
- Available in 3 colors
- Replacing parts is expensive
- It takes a little time to learn how to manage it
Nuova Simonelli Appia II Volumetric Coffee Machine
The Nuova Simonelli Appia II is a machine often purchased by business owners.
From this price and weight category, the design of the device is one of the best. A beautiful and modern stainless steel case will be the main decoration for any room.
Group heads are raised quite high. This makes it possible to brew coffee drinks even in the largest cups, and also saves your time. The Push-Pull steam lever is ergonomic and easy to operate, so barista will save their strength. You only have to press the lever once, and then it will automatically rise to its original position. The boiler holds 371.95 fl oz. Thanks to the pre-infusion system, ground coffee is wetted at the initial stage of brewing, it ensures even extraction and a perfect coffee flavor.
This semi-automatic machine makes it possible to quickly and easily brew two or more drinks at the same time. Thanks to the Cool Touch Wand, you can not be afraid of burns while steaming milk. It also makes cleaning the Wand easy.
Appia II is equipped with an automatic cleaning system. The machine itself will tell you about its necessity.
Thanks to its high performance and reliability, this commercial machine has become the choice for many baristas around the world.
- The design is very beautiful and attractive
- This is a great investment for business
- Has 2-year warranty on parts
- The milk frother works too fast
DeLonghi La Specialista EC9335M with Sensor Grinder
DeLonghi La Specialista is a semi-automatic combination coffee machine. This means a millstone coffee with grinder and a carob coffee maker in one case. Unlike automatic coffee machines, here you have to manually transfer the horn between the coffee grinder and the coffee maker, manually start each process and manually remove it after you’re finished. Thanks to sensor grinding technology, you have excellent grinding and the optimal dose for the best espresso. Using the second thermoblock for steam, you do not need to wait until the coffee maker warms up the water to the temperature of the steam after brewing. Also, the device has a separate outlet for hot water. It is located next to the group, that is, directly above the cup.
La Specialista has a rather interesting semi-automatic tempering system. Instead of a boiler, a thermal block is used, which needs a minimum of time to warm up.
The Advanced Latte system whips milk with the perfect texture for your favorite coffee beverages. You can use the separate La Specialista hot water spout to enjoy a real americano.
There are two options for the height of the cup under the horn: 3.15 and 4.72 inches.
La Specialista is large, metal and looks like a coffee machine from a small coffee shop.
The design is concise and thoughtful. The control panel has several metal buttons and levers on a black glossy surface. Management itself is simple but requires intervention and control.
With La Specialista, you can improve your skills and experience in making espresso.
- Its appearance is impressive
- Setup is quite simple
- The whole process of preparation from grinding to a finished cup of coffee takes 6 minutes
- Suitable for both commercial and home use
- Advanced latte system
- This model does not have a display
- The on/off button is located behind the cable
Breville the Dual Boiler™ Commercial Espresso Machine
Breville the Dual Boiler has a very cute design and fits perfectly into any room. How good it will look in a small coffee shop or a bakery? The metal case has smooth and regular shapes. The interface is simple and straightforward. On the control panel, there are control buttons and an LCD display with backlight. After reading the title, you can understand that the device is equipped with a double boiler made of stainless steel. Thanks to this, you can brew coffee and boil milk at the same time. Digital temperature control (PID) ensures the correct water temperature. Use a magic steam wand to create a delicate milk froth and latte art.
The machine itself will inform you about the need for cleaning. The device includes precise control of temperature and brewing time, coffee strength, pressure, and many other useful functions.
- Good espresso machine for a great price
- Adjustable pre-infusion function
- It has compact dimensions
- Perfectly hot coffee every time
- It is necessary to make efforts to fix the portafilter tightly on the head of the group
- Hissing steam is very loud
Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine and Rocky Grinder
Rancilio Silvia is a professional coffee machine that is perfect for home or small business. Stylish Italian design will clearly fit into any interior.
Reliability and ease of use make this machine a great helper. The coffee machine is made in a stainless case with convenient keys on the front panel, a built-in articulating stainless steel steam wand and a convenient stand for cups. The quality of the milk foam structure is suitable for professional latte art.
The boiler volume in the Rancilio SILVIA model is only 10.1 fl oz. This model comes with one boiler and no heat exchanger. Therefore, you cannot simultaneously brew coffee and whip milk. One of its main advantages is the stability of the temperature regime during the strait. This is very important for making quality espresso. The machine uses only ground coffee.
Rancilio Silvia surprises with the excellent quality of the beverages, a relatively low price, compact dimensions, and beautiful design.
- It has a great price
- The brewing process takes half a minute
- Possibility of heating 6 cups at the same time
- You can brew two servings at the same time
- The water tank is a bit small
- A separate coffee grinder is required
BUNN VPR with 2 Easy Pour® Decanters Coffee Brewer
BUNN VPR is the best commercial coffee maker with an intuitive interface, sleek design and a compact size. It comes with 2 Easy Pour portable decanters. It is also equipped with two separate heaters that can be controlled. One is where fresh coffee is brewed, and the other on the top of the machine. It’s easy to manage. Just pour cold water, install a paper filter, add your favorite ground coffee to the filter pan. Heated decanters will provide perfectly hot coffee for a long time. The funnel SplashGard protects hands from spillage of hot liquid.
This 12-cup automatic coffee machine is ideal for a small cafe, diner or even office, and is also able to satisfy all customer needs.
- Internal parts made of stainless steel
- It brews 486.9 fl oz of delicious coffee per hour
- Has two controllable heaters
- Coffee stays hot for a long time
- Decanters are made of plastic
- Narrow holes make decanters difficult to clean
Gaggia Classic Pro Brushed Stainless Steel Espresso Machine
Gaggia Classic Pro is a classic carob coffee maker, one of the best options for demanding customers and consumers. The massive case is made of stainless steel and will last for many years. Reliable buttons and levers are very difficult to disable. The new intuitive interface features built-in light indicators for complete control of the device. The case is designed so that you can monitor the water level. You can make 12 types of coffee drinks.
Dimensions, weight, and features indicate that this is a real professional coffee machine. The iconic chromed holder and the working group ensure the optimum coffee temperature throughout the entire brewing process and the best quality in the cup.
Enjoy the best milk cappuccino foam thanks to the two-hole steamer.
The Gaggia Classic Pro requires skillful handling and precise grinding, but it produces the highest quality espresso. This is a professional device with unlimited possibilities and beautiful vintage design that will never go out of style.
- Particularly stable extraction pressure for a reasonable price
- Equipped with a metal platform for cup heating
- Made of high quality and durable materials
- The coffee machine is quiet
- The portafilter is quite difficult to turn
- The drip tray has very sharp edges
Breville the Barista Touch™ Espresso Machine
Beautiful and sleek design, intuitive controls make Breville the Barista Touch espresso machine ideal for small businesses. You can quickly brew a cup of high-quality expresso. The machine can save 8 user settings for drinks. You can adjust the temperature and strength of the beverage, as well as the texture of milk. With the help of the automatic steam wand, create delicious latte art masterpieces.
The ThermoJet heating system and digital temperature control (PID) ensure the right and optimal brewing temperature. You do not need to grind the coffee yourself and measure its dose, because this will be done by a conical grinder. This allows you to grind the beans directly into an espresso filter.
- You can save 8 types of drinks
- The milk frother is automatic and convenient
- Has an attractive appearance
- It is easy to use and customize
- Only Breville filters are suitable for this device
Saeco Xelsis Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
If you are looking for a super automatic espresso machine that can satisfy any of your requirements, then take a look at Saeco Xelsis espresso machine. Of course, the cost of such an apparatus is quite high. However, every dollar spent on this device is justified. You will definitely like the smooth and modern design, many functions and settings, and most importantly, the choice of 15 types of coffee beverages. Its capabilities will help to easily master the skill of the barista. You can control the brewing process with just a few touches of the smart touch control panel. Change the settings of the strength, volume and temperature of the drink, the texture of milk foam, and even the order of the layers of coffee and milk. The Xelsis can remember the settings for your 8 favorite beverages and also brew two cups at once. The special Aroma Seal keeps the aroma and freshness of coffee beans for a long time.
The automatic rinse function, as well as the HygieSteam system, keep the machine perfectly clean and free of milk.
- The interface is equipped with a 3.5-inch touch screen
- Has 6 quick drink profiles
- The brewing group is removable
- The Latte Perfetto system creates a soft and thick milk foam
- It is made of durable and quality materials
- A filled drip tray is difficult to empty
- Bean container cannot be removed
EspressoWorks 7 Pc All-In-One Italian Espresso Machine
What could be better than making a cup of Italian coffee quick and easy? The sophisticated design and thoughtful interface of EspressoWorks 7 Pc All-In-One will help you with this. The Thermoblock system provides a stable and correct water temperature. The machine is ready for operation in 45 seconds.
This model is sold with a grinder. Thanks to freshly ground beans, you can appreciate the rich taste of coffee beverages. With the help of the convenient location of the water tank, you can monitor the water level. Also, it is very commodious to take out. A steam wand diversifies your drink with the gentle creamy foam. The device is quite easy to clean. It is enough to rinse all removable parts of the coffee machine.
Also, you can brew two cups at a time. The body, foaming cups, portafilter, as well as crushing baskets are made of durable stainless steel. The drip tray and water tank and tray are made of BPA-free plastic.
- It heats up very quickly
- It is very easy to use
- The dimensions of the machine are quite compact
- The convenient location of the water tank
- The machine does not turn off automatically after making espresso
- Temperature cannot be adjusted
If you’re still reading this article, you probably want to purchase a coffee machine for commercial purposes. However, choosing such a product is not easy. The following heads will probably help you to find answers to all your questions.
What Is Commercial Espresso Machine?
In order to serve tasty and aromatic beverages ☕, it is important to choose commercial espresso machines of famous brands. Leading manufacturers pay particular attention to build quality. A commercial coffee machine is a device, which has the following qualities:
- It is reliable and high-performative.
- Prepares high-quality drinks.
- Works with minimal noise so as not to distract visitors and staff.
- It is convenient to maintain, thanks to a self-cleaning system.
- Has an intuitive control system for ease of operation and maintenance.
Such a machine is a pretty serious purchase. Therefore, it must meet certain requirements and be handled properly. The main components of professional brewing equipment are made of stainless steel. It has high strength, is resistant to wear, easy to clean, does not enter into chemical reactions with coffee beans.
How to Clean 💧 These Coffee Machines?
To be sure of the duration of the equipment, it is necessary to conduct regular cleaning and preventive operations. So, what actions to perform when caring for a coffee machine?
- Holder cleaning. The scurf is removed by the hard side of the sponge, after which the horn is rinsed with hot water. Place holders in a container with hot water and cleaning powder for 15-20 minutes.
- Gum cleaning. Clean the group circumference several times with a special brush. The procedure must be repeated until the gum is clean.
- Group cleaning should be done at least once a day. The groups are cleaned with a “blind” holder and special cleaning tablets or powder, but first, they are disassembled and brushed. After thoroughly cleaning the groups and holders with detergents, rinse them several times with water. Then prepare and pour a serving of espresso. This will avoid even a minimal smack of chemistry in the guest cup.
- Steam wand care. Before each use, drain condensation. After frothing the milk, the steam wand needs to be reopened for a few seconds to clean the nozzles. After use, the steam wand must be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Cleaning the drain. The drain must be cleaned at the end of each working day. To do this, the pan is removed from the coffee machine and the drain is wiped with a clean, damp cloth.
- About once a year, the boiler needs to be descaled. If the device is not equipped with an auto-cleaning function, then you need to give it for maintenance.
- Conventional detergents, such as liquid soap or dishwashing detergent, are categorically not suitable for these purposes. Therefore, use special detergents for coffee machines. At the end of washing, do not forget to rinse everything with clean water, if you do not want the coffee to be with the aroma of a detergent.
Each manufacturer in detail describes in the instructions all the steps for cleaning the machine, and the market offers a lot of special tools to facilitate this procedure.
How Much Does a Commercial Espresso Machine Cost?
The cost 💰 of a commercial espresso machine directly depends on the following points:
- The brand
- Materials used
- Design features
- The range of options, functions, or operations performed
You can find a coffee machine from $ 200-300 to $ 2000-5000, and even higher. But before buying it is better to read customer reviews. After all, not always the most expensive device means the best quality.
Where to Buy 🛒 Good Commercial Espresso Machine?
You can buy a coffee machine not only in offline stores like Best Buy, Walmart, and Costco, but also on the official website, as well as in the largest US online marketplaces: Amazon or eBay. Perhaps there you will find a suitable product for sale at a nice price or discount.
The purchase of a coffee machine is a very important decision. This is due to the fact that the cost of such devices is quite high. Therefore, before buying, consider how many people it will make coffee for, how quickly this process should be carried out, the need for additional functions that can facilitate the life of a barista and satisfy the needs of all customers.
- Breville (US) – World Leader in Kitchen Appliances – https://www.breville.com/
- De’Longhi: Coffee Machines, Kitchen Appliances & More – https://www.delonghi.com/
- Rancilio Group – Professional Coffee Machines Leader Across the World – https://www.ranciliogroup.com/
- BUNN – Commercial Equipment & Accessories – https://commercial.bunn.com/
- Gaggia Official Website – https://www.gaggia.com/