What can be more wonderful than a mug of coffee with milk foam on top in the morning? You can easily avoid the traditional procedure of making coffee: no need to froth milk manually – just pushing a single button solves this issue. Furthermore, you too can draw with milk foam just like a professional barista. Sounds appealing? Then, you should take a look at the best automatic, handheld, and manual frother review, you’ll be shocked how simple they are to use!
Top Rated Milk Frothers
Best Automatic Milk Frother
The Breville BMF600XL must be the best milk frother and can become a handy tool for even a bachelor who really doesn’t even know where to start when making coffee. The main feature which catches the user’s eye is the material which the frother is made of – stainless steel. Thanks to this, the jug can be easily washed in a dishwashing machine. The jug also has another pleasant thing – measuring marks, which help to track how much milk is already in it. By the way, it’s quite voluminous – 750 ml – which allows it to hold 3 full cups.
This machine can handle both cappuccino and latte, and you can be sure both drinks will be amazing: milk for cappuccino will be airy and thick, while for the latte you’ll get the silkiest texture ever. There is an ability to manage the temperature for different drinks, and make milk warmer in seconds – thanks to a heater inside the main part. Still, not satisfied? Then you’ll definitely like that the user can add any ingredients during the process of making the foam.
- Works with variety of milk (vegetarian: almond milk, soy milk, and lactose free, regular)
- Stainless steel – easy to wash, and it doesn’t damage unlike those with a Teflon cover
- It makes dense foam
- Milk constantly turns around, thus it never burns
- A comfortable control panel allows milk to be warmed up to an ideal temperature
- The large capacity of the jug can prepare up to 3 cups
- This device shuts down automatically
- Desirable froth made from vegetarian milk is thick and stays so for about 20 minutes
- Breville works quietly
- It can’t froth milk that has a decreased quantity of fat and it requires more milk than needed for making foam
- It’s not a very affordable option especially for those who doesn’t need lots of milk and foam to be prepared at the same time
Secura is another machine with a stainless cover, which is so attractive for users – it is a nice alternative to provide users with unforgettable froth which is like what is made at Starbucks.
If you want to get such an appliance at home and stop wasting your time getting another cup of your favorite coffee outside, then Secura is your answer.
- Comes with a brush for cleaning
- It performs any program fast
- Must be washed with the brush, since milk film sticks to the bottom
Such a stylish tube which prepares unbelievable milk for your morning cup of your beloved drink. VAVA Stainless is another product which will always satisfy and delight its users. It has extra whiskers which will always serve as a guarantee of providing the thickest foam.
The temperature is adjustable, thus, this feature is attractive to those who prefer cold milk over warm milk or vice versa. And, be sure that it won’t wake anybody up with its noise since it works quietly. In addition, it comes with stick-free coating which won’t let liquid stick to the bottom. So needless to say – great deal and cheap buy.
- Temperature controller works good, it provides product with the perfect temperature
- It works fast
- The container should be poured with small amount of liquid, otherwise everything will spill out
Miroco Stainless Steel Milk Frother
This automatic milk frother from Miroco is a multifunctional device that allows heating milk, frothing cold milk, and perform them both at the same time. The unit includes separate disks for each operation.
The appliance is very sleek. It features a black housing with illuminated control buttons, a non-slip handle, and a transparent lid to see the foaming process. Its Teflon inner cover is non-stick and easy to clean.
The machine features various capacities for frothing (3.9 oz./115 ml) and heating (8.1 oz./240 ml) milk.
This budget device will be a good addition to your coffee machine.
- Quiet operation
- The carafe has a spout to avoid spillage
- A durable stainless steel construction
- A stylish appearance
- Automatic switch-off
- Handy indicators of liquid levels
- Comes with spare disks
- Not dishwasher-safe
- Makes too much foam, which is great for making cappuccino only
SAYESO is a wonderful tool for anyone who wants to get ideal foam very fast. It goes well with both cold and hot milk, and it warms up it within one minute! This sample also has a pitcher with inner measurement. The maximum level is designed for heating and equals 10.2 oz (300 ml), while the lowest level for frothing equals 5.1oz (150 ml). Despite the fact that the inner side is covered with a non-stick cover, the pitcher requires immediate cleaning after use.
- Sayeso provides with thick foam
- It is simple for use
- Can’t be washed by submerging it in water
- Milk sticks to the bottom
Miroco Double Wall Milk Frother
Here is an automatic frother inspired by Miroco with a stunning appearance. It has a black streamlined silhouette made of stainless steel with a non-slip ergonomic grip that makes the device comfortable to hold. It is not equipped with a handle, but the frother shape gives users full control.
The unit is designed with a double wall and keeps milk temperature. It features helpful markers for frothing (3.9 oz./115 ml) and heating (8.1 oz./240 ml) milk. The device comes with 4 settings to create foam for various milk beverages.
The model has different whisks for frothing cold/hot milk and for heating milk with no foam. The unit is very compact and works rather quietly.
- A non-stick inner coating for easy cleaning
- An insulated wall design
- Comes with various types of whisks (plus spare ones)
- Ergonomic grip
- Turns off automatically after the milk is ready
- Makes excellent foam
- Comes with a brush for cleaning
- Has no spout
- The fill lines are performed in grey and are hard to see
EPLIANS Milk Frother
EPLIANS presents an automatic milk frother performed in fantastic white. The device is made of stainless steel and features a double wall design that insulates heat. Thanks to a non-slip handle, the appliance offers an ergonomic grip. It is equipped with a temperature controller that turns off the frother automatically when the milk is ready. The lid that covers the jug is splash-proof.
The machine features the 4-in-1 function and allows making warm dense froth, warm airy froth, cold milk froth, and steamed milk. The maximum volume for warming milk is 10 oz./300 ml and 5 oz./150 ml for making foam.
- Comes with helpful indicators that mark the maximum fill level
- Uses insulation technology
- A non-stick interior for easy cleanup
- The power base is 360° swivel
- Makes luxurious froth
- Fast and ultra-quiet operation
- The frothing paddle is included in the box
- Lacks a spout for easy pouring
CHINYA: Good for Cappuccino
CHINYA is a nice alternative of foam maker for both iced and hot beverages. However, this would be highly recommended for making cappuccino instead. Its whiskers produce wonderfully airy froth which can nicely decorate your beloved drink. And what is more striking is that CHINYA is quietly operated and manages to prepare the airy ingredient in a short period of time.
There are some wonderful news for fashion addicted people – it comes in 2 types: in silver and in black colors.
- It works good with low fat milk
- It is quiet
- It leaves overheated film, hence it requires cleaning after each use
- Milk after frothing doesn’t stay hot enough
Nespresso Aeroccino Plus
Nespresso Aeroccino Plus looks like a really simple appliance for use. It has a stainless finish, with a black handle and just a simple black button, which is obviously designed to launch the process of making the best ever froth. Don’t worry about Nespresso overheating milk – it has an automatic function to turn off.
In fact, even a small amount of liquid, and the minimum is 4.4 oz (130 ml), can be frothed up to the maximum level which equals 8.45 oz (250ml).
- It prepares the desirable product very fast
- It’s very efficient – provides with large amount of dense froth
- Inner Teflon cover cracks very fast, it results in constant sticking milk to the bottom
- The temperature is not adjustable
HadinEEon Milk Frother
If you prefer to decorate your kitchen yet have a fully functional device, then you should take a look at the HadinEEon frother. It has a modern design, so if your kitchen is stuffed with lots of high-tech appliances, this device will highly likely match them all. Moreover, for its operation, there are only 2 buttons that launch the heating or frothing mode respectively.
The quality of froth made by this gadget is stunning, so you will always spend your morning with pleasure. Besides, its capacity is quite large: 10.1 oz. for warming up and 4.4 oz for frothing, which is enough to prepare more than one cup of cappuccino.
Another pleasant detail is the material used in the manufacture of the appliance. In particular, the outer housing is made of plastic, but the inner part has a special coating so milk will never stick to it. In addition, its handle is made of stainless steel that makes it comfortable to hold and withstand its wear.
- It’s nice-looking
- It comes with the sponge for inside cleaning
- The construction is durable
- Easy operation
- Automatic shutoff
- It requires changing whisks for hot or cold frothing
iTeknic Double Wall Milk Frother
There is one more product from iTeknic. While the previous model has the shape of a jug, this one is comfortable to grab it like a mug. Indeed, its form factor resembles the thermo cup. Besides, it has quite a comfortable size since it can accommodate up to 8.1 oz./240 ml for warming milk up. For frothing purposes, it can hold up to 3.9. oz/115 ml. So it’s safe to say that it’s an ideal device for a couple.
Another advantageous thing about this device is that it comes with two pairs of whisks that usually tend to be lost. In addition, there is a brush that will clean the most difficult to reach places without damaging a special coating inside the mug.
The exterior part has a striped texture that combines plastic and rubber. Such a solution prevents the mug from slipping out of hands. There is only one button that launches one of the 4 programs. So, everyone will sort everything out.
- It’s comfortable to hold
- It keeps temperature very well
- It works with non-dairy milk
- It’s lightweight
- It doesn’t make really hot milk
Unlike the previous electric samples, which gave good accounts of preparing the best ever foam, Chef’s star might be appealing for those who can launch the process and then leave the kitchen for a while. Why? Because the time of preparation is more than what the others require (60 seconds) – 1 minute and 20 seconds.
Another thing which will also presumably draw the user’s attention is the adjustments of foam thickness.
- It allows selecting the type of froth
- It’s cheaper than other competitors with the same features
- For vegetarians, it might be difficult to find the best brand of milk which would be suitable for this machine
- Whole milk leaves dried out film stuck to the bottom
VAVA Non-Stick: Best for Almond Milk
The VAVA Non-Stick steamer is designed to be hand-held rather than kept on the counter top. This is achieved by the unusual external design of body. Consequently, it has a smaller container for liquid – at maximum it can contain 8.1 oz (240 ml), while for the thickest foam it requires no more than 3.9 oz (115 ml) which is relatively less among other competitors.
The VAVA steamer wonderfully prepares a thick foam from almond milk, while not every frother can handle such a challenge. If you are one of those who is keen on this type of non-dairy milk – you should take a look particularly at this item.
- It has a scratch resistant inner cover
- Adjustable grade of froth
- It can prepare froth only for one person at a time
- Instructions are not written properly
Loopilops Epica: Great for Latte Art
Still haven’t found the best option of milk frothers for making a delicious latte? Then the Loopilops Epica probably will solve such issue. Even more, it will produce the thickest and the nicest foam for latte art – so you are welcome to make experiments and draw on the top of your beverage. In addition, it will keep the right temperature of milk since latte usually requires hot milk. Be sure – this would be the best helper ever!
- It produces a nice and thick foam
- Leaves overheated stains on the bottom
|iTeknic IK-EB001||240 ml|
|Souvia SMF700||700 ml|
iTeknic Stainless Steel Milk Frother
There has never been the simplest way to achieve smooth and delicate froth for your cappuccino before the iTeknic released its product. Its capacity is 8.1 oz./240 ml, which is enough for warming milk up for a few cups simultaneously. As for the frothing function, the appliance can accommodate up to 3.9. oz./115 ml at once.
The design provides intuitively easy operation. In particular, the device consists only of a jug where you pour some milk in and a base that connects it to the electricity. Once everything is in, there are 3 buttons with prompting icons that launch the program you want. Besides, thanks to the transparent lid, you can watch how this process goes on and stop it if you think it’s enough.
- Silent operation
- It shuts off automatically
- The froth is smooth and dense
- It’s easy to clean
- It’s intuitively simple to use
- The fill line is difficult to read
Lots of coffee lovers will definitely recognize such a wonderful device which turns the beginning of your day superb just by giving you a wonderfully made thick and creamy “hat” for your coffee drink.
This appliance is quite small and effective simultaneously. Don’t doubt it – it whisks all types of milk nicely whether it is vegetarian or not – for sure Kuissential is one of those which won’t make ashamed for such a present.
- It has a suitable size for a smaller kitchen space
- Simplicity of use
- Low capacity
- Watertight lid doesn’t work properly, it doesn’t stop spills
Souvia Milk Frother & Steamer Machine
This is a great device for those who have a big family where all its members like to drink milk beverages in the morning. Mostly, it’s because of the large container that can hold up to 23.7 oz./700 ml of milk. However, as you might have known, for making the froth, you should pour milk twice less that can influence your time management dramatically.
The great advantage of this appliance is that it consists of two parts: the jug and the base where the mechanism is installed. Such construction allows using the stainless steel container separately. Moreover, it’s dishwasher safe, so you will never be bothered by proper cleaning.
As it was mentioned, the base is responsible for its operation. There is one dial that launches a particular program by twisting it.
- A smart design
- A stainless steel jug
- The jug is dishwasher safe
- A large capacity
- Easy storage of small details
- There is no inner coating in the jug that can protect from sticking milk to the sides
Novete Automatic Foam Maker
This one has quite an unusual design for such a device. The housing is matte black that is a stylish solution but quite an impractical thing for the kitchen since it gets stains really fast. However, it has enough capacity to make two or three cups of latte. In fact, it can accommodate up to 10.1 oz./300 ml of milk for warming up and up to 5.1 oz./150 ml for frothing.
There are 2 buttons only: one is the “on/off” button and the other is “function” that switches between 4 available programs.
The size of the whole device is perfect for a counter with a lack of space. And it is quite easy to clean inside thanks to the special non-stick coating that prevents even burns.
- It makes dense and airy froth
- It’s easy to operate and clean
- While pouring froth into the cup the froth stays inside the jug
Best Handheld Milk Frother
The PowerLix MilkPRO is top rated and quite popular among coffee lovers, especially as it concerns those who adore watching the process of whipping cream – it’s such a mesmerizing procedure. The thing is that the dense cream appears almost immediately after pushing the button on the frother’s body. Thus, the user can control and achieve any type of froth easily without putting in any additional efforts, thanks to the battery source of power for this device.
- It has a stand to keep it vertically on the counter top
- Easy to wash under tap water
- It’s powerful
- It requires frequent battery replacement
Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick Milk Frother
This handheld device designed by Mueller Austria is actually a multi-purpose immersion blender. It comes with a whisk and a milk-frothing attachment to make superior milk foam for your coffee. The removable blending arms can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
The unit is made of stainless steel and features a non-slip handle with an ergonomic grip. It is equipped with a durable copper motor that withstands repeated use. The machine has 8 variable speed levels and can be used for whipping cream, beating eggs, making milkshakes, or pureeing fruits and vegetables. It can also fix peanut butter – a great function if you have kids.
- Arrives with several attachments
- Comfortable grip
- Easy to clean and store
- The bottom of the steel shaft becomes hot during operation, which means the bearings of the blade attachment are poorly lubricated
Bean Envy Premium
The Bean Envy Premium is a handheld device which is simple enough even for a child who has never worked with such kinds of devices. Nothing stands between a coffee-fan and an ideally cooked coffee with a fluffy top. Just one button push, a few seconds of awaiting, and voila!
The Bean Envy is another powerful device which also requires battery changing. Sometimes it even becomes ridiculous – such a powerful appliance which consumes an enormous amount of power just to make a cup of milk. Finally, it comes in 2 colors: red and black so probably somebody could match its color to the color of their kitchen.
- It also has a stand
- It’s powerful
- Easy to use and wash
- Requires persistent battery changing at least once a week
Elementi: Cool for Latte
Looking for a hand-held frother for lattes – the Elementi would be one of those tools which will turn your beverage into something unexpectedly fascinating. Unbelievably, this tiny appliance which is only the size of regular cutlery and perhaps even smaller, produces such dense and fluffy froth which is cool for latte or even for hot chocolate.
- It has a stand
- It has adjustable speed
- Wand is quite short for lengthened cups
- It’s comparatively slow
The Zulay Kitchen can be a perfect replacement for the clumsy and bulky machinery which is usually used in cafes and delivers the beverage that most resembles a Starbucks drink at the same time – it’s real fact, indeed!
This device wonderfully fits any type of palm, and it is easily operable and has an adjustable speed.
- It’s sturdy and handles more viscous liquid e.g. eggs, protein
- Adjustable speed
- The on button is placed at an uncomfortable place
- It stops working after a few months of working
Cafe Casa is an option for those who are keen on having high quality products. First of all, it must be admitted that the handle of this device is made of stainless steel which differs among other handheld ones. Another thing is that it has quite a powerful mechanism which even handles whisking some viscous substances, while at the same time, it nicely froths non-dairy milk, too.
- Powerful device
- Handle made of stainless steel
- Device comes without any battery, thus, the user has to buy it individually
- The finish is made inaccurately
- It has issues with mechanism while switching from one speed to another
BonsenKitchen: Best Home Milk Frother
BonsenKitchen produces variety of household helpers and one of them is a milk frother which has drawn attention. First of all, the most valuable feature is that this tool is made of stainless steel. Secondly, it is easy to use and wash – just rinse it with tap water. Lastly, and maybe less attractive, at least one of the appealing features that shows the manufacturer cares about its customers is that this device comes with batteries – so there is no need to purchase them separately.
- It comes with a set of batteries
- It has a comfortable handle
- It doesn’t have a holder which makes this device lie around negligently
- It performs poorly with non-regular types of milk
Aerolatte: Perfect for Soy Milk
There were lots of tests done to reveal the real behavior of Aerolatte in different substances. It firstly showed some multiple-valued results; however, the overall performance was quite decent. Particularly this concerns the interaction with soy milk – surprisingly, it worked well with both hot and cold milk.
It also showed nice results with eggs, vinegar, salad dressings, etc. But soy milk lovers – you are welcome to enjoy your drink!
- Handle is made of stainless steel
- Easy to wash and use
- Doesn’t work properly with whole hot milk
- It’s not long-lasting
The title suggests that MatchaDNA should work properly with widely spread matcha, but is it so? Of course, it can mix matcha as one of ingredients, but the main purpose is to whip dairy into a wonderfully sturdy foam for further transportation on top of coffee.
Just like the other samples, there is not all rainbows and butterflies – it also has its own advantages and disadvantages in preparing.
- Compact size, lies down wonderfully in the hand
- It produces desirable foam
- Quite flimsy plastic handle
- It results in much splatter
There is a huge opportunity to double the quantity of froth thanks to the double spring whisker on the wand of the SGCoffee. In fact, that’s not all – it comes with an extra wand in case something happens to the first one.
The motor is quite powerful, and consequently the SGCoffee will consume lots of power, hence the user should be prepared for additional purchases, especially if he wants to have the drink of Gods every morning.
- Comes with an extra wand
- There is additional spring installed on the wand to get a creamy texture
- It comes without any instructions
- It’s heavy to hold
Best Manual Milk Frother
HIC Milk Frother
The simplest device is usually operated manually – the chances to break it are really low. The HIC Milk frother just requires preliminary warming milk up, then using the plunger and whipping it as fast as possible until you’ll get a desirable type of foam. Needless to say, this type of frother absorbs a significant part of a person’s daily energy and patience. However, some would enjoy this type of activity, even considering it fun.
The device itself resembles a simple stainless steel jug with a plunge inside.
- It’s made of stainless steel
- Can be washed in a dishwashing machine
- The capacity is large: 14 oz
- It is durable
- Suitable for any type of milk
- Jug is not inductive
- It’s hard to clean the bottom
Bellemain: Top Choice for Hot Chocolate
Another sample of a manual device is the Bellemain; it’s even better to say that it’s a twin of the previous one but with one distinguishing feature – the Bellemain also allows producing classy cream for hot chocolate.
- Suitable for non-dairy
- It produces very thick foam, well-blended salad dressings
- The process of whipping milk will cause immediate lid overheating and the impossibility to hold it in your hand
- Difficult to wash on a daily basis
The JoyFork is another simple jug with the feature of whipping milk until cream appears instead. The set is really simple – it consists of a jug with a capacity of 14 oz and a plunge which serves as the main tool for creating the desirable type of froth.
- It can be washed in a dishwashing machine
- It’s compatible with induction
- Comes without instructions
- It’s not designed for the microwave
Unlike the previous competitors, the Bodum Latteo is made of borosilicate glass, which by the way is transparent. Thus, it’s much easier to monitor the process of frothing, when it needs to stop or vice versa. Another thing, is that this glass carafe can be placed in the oven to warm up the milk.
- Transparent carafe, which is safe for microwaving
- Suitable for vegetarian milk
- Glass carafe is fragile
- It gets quite messy during the process of frothing
Caffe Froth Monet
This frother is a giant as compared to all the above-mentioned. The Caffe Froth Monet has large capacity around 16 oz, which equals 450 ml. It comes with a dome stainless lid with a rounded handle which is nice for holding firmly. There is a silicon holder on the bottom which prevents accidental slippery. There is another pleasant addition, as this frother comes with a spoon which equals the height of the carafe.
- Large size of carafe
- It comes with a spoon and rubber holder
- It’s not suitable for all types of dairy
- Carafe always tilts from rubber base
The Vktech is a totally brand-new product which shows that quality can be not just high but at the highest level. This sample has quite a large capacity, and in addition, it has a heat-resistant handle, lid grip, and knob which prevent the user’s hands from accidental burns – all of them are made of stainless steel, which is considered to be one of the finest materials for such a purpose.
Thanks to double mesh, the whipping process is done much quicker and more efficiently, producing the densest foam ever.
- It produces foam faster
- Lid, handle, and knob are heat resistant
- Corrosion appears between mesh holders
- Lid doesn’t set tightly
A French press like Nopro glass provides the user with the ability to increase the quantity of froth at once thanks to the large capacity carafe. The user can decide individually which type of dairy should be used, however the manufacturer took this into account and added some recipes to the guide. Isn’t it wonderful?
- It works with low-fat milk
- Safe for washing in a dishwashing machine
- The diameters of the carafe’s inner part and mesh plunge don’t match
- The measurement line can disappear after the first washing
The Anself stainless steel frother seems to be one of the biggest gadgets for delighting users. It can contain 13.3 oz. It also provides the user with a better experience of frothing by preventing him from accidental burns through the handle or lid if the liquid was overheated. It would be a wonderful device for home or even as a present to someone.
- It’s sturdy
- Works with low-fat dairy
- The tip on the lid is heavy which can cause accidental tilting
The Judge is a high quality stainless jug which also can be used as a sauce pot. It has a comfortable handle and a plunge which serves to separate particles from the liquid. On other hand, it can serve a direct purpose, as the plunge handles whipping cream perfectly!
- Pot has a heavy bottom
- Pot can contain enough milk for 4 cups of cappuccino at once
- The metal body is badly screwed together with the plastic part, this will cause detachment
Does a nice manually-operated appliance to get the ideal froth in seconds sound appealing? If so, then BlinkOne is the one for those who can deal with fast and delicious. Thanks to its compact dimensions, it can be easily transported and mounted – it requires less than a minute to be ready for preparing another cup of tasty coffee.
- Works with both dairy and non-dairy products
- It prepares a silky froth
- It makes space around quite messy
- It prepares too little foam for more than 1 cup
Guide to Buying the Best Milk Frother
For sure, everyone who has purchased one of those appliances which creates stunning foam for coffee will face things which they might not have even thought about.
There are things which should be taken into account before purchasing your ideal appliance, however, some requirements can appear in the process of selecting.
There are no people who have never asked themself questions which are related to frother machines. There are common questions – how to use and clean frothers, how they actually work, etc. All the answers and even more you can find in the articles below.
What Is a Milk Frother?
A milk frother is a device which can prepare milk in a particular way in order to use it for making coffee. Basically, it whips milk (depending on the type of machine) with built-in or removable whisks or plunge. Usually, the grade of foam thickness can be adjusted by the user if using an automatic device, or visually controlled if using a hand-pump or battery-operated tools.
What Types of Milk Frother Are There?
There are 3 types of milk frothers:
- Automatic – they are stable versions which are plugged into electricity. Usually they are the most expensive options.
- Handheld or motorized whisks are usually battery-operated and are quite small in size which is comfortable to hold in a hand. Launching them results in the very fast rotation of installed springs, which whips milk and produces foam.
- Manual or hand-pumps are manually operated and usually the cheaper among the other versions. The real issue with them is that user has to make efforts to get reasonably thick dense foam.
All of them perform the same function, however, manufacturers always try to distinguish their product from the others, thus they can slightly change the list of items which come in a box.
How to Use Milk Frother?
Depending on the type of frother, the instructions for use are different; however they are not significantly different. The first step for all of them would be the same – pour some dairy or non-dairy substance into container, then:
- for automatic: choose the mode and push the button to launch, then add foam on top of the coffee.
- for handheld: select the speed of whipping, then whip milk with back and forth movements until you get the desirable effect, then add it to the cup.
- for manual (hand-pump); the difference is this device requires preliminary warming of the milk (not boiling), then you should work fast with the hand pump.
In fact, the last type is a time and energy-consuming device, thus, it’s not recommended for old people or people with particular diseases. So basically, the automatic would be optimal option for everyone!
What Is the Difference Between a Milk Steamer and Frother?
The difference between a milk steamer and frother is that a steamer heats and whips milk with steam, while a frother whips milk with whiskers.
How to Clean Milk Frother?
Any type of frothers have to be adequately washed before the first use in order to prevent any cross-contamination. It has to be disassembled first, then all the parts which can be submerged into the water should be washed with soap or soapy water, then rinse all of those parts. They will be ready for use after totally drying out.
Some of the devices, which have a separate base and a jug for foam preparation, can be also exposed to water in a dishwashing machine. Please, be attentive and follow the instructions, as some of them are not recommended for dishwashing machine due to the possibility of damage to the inner cover which prevents it from sticking to the bottom.
Here is the list of interesting facts related to frothers and froth making:
- The chemical properties of milk are changed when it undergoes heating, thus the foaming process happens decently faster.
- The problem of foam not forming can be caused by the chemical reaction “lypolysis” when various bacteria ambush fatty milk elements.
- Comparing whole and skim milk frothing – there won’t be a univocal answer since both of them produce decent foam. However, skim milk produces thick froth with big bubbles, while whole milk makes more creamy structure with tiny and hardly-seen bubbles. Both of them stay for a long time.
- Soy milk is the most capricious among dairy and non-dairy, so no one knows how it will behave with each particular device.
- One of the thickest foams from non-dairy milk has almond milk.
- Latte requires “microfoam” which basically consists of millions of the tiniest bubbles.
- The main secret of getting the ideal foam for latte is having a stainless pitcher and cold milk.
This is not the limited list of interesting facts, however here are the facts which you might have never known and will reveal some secrets.
There are lots of manufacturers nowadays who produce milk frothers or coffee-related house appliances. Some of them provide high-quality products, while some of them just pretend to. In fact, the customer always has the final word. Thus, there was created a huge review of appliances which are in demand, relatively famous, and not to be fooled with. MilkFrotherTop will always provide some new ideas and keep readers updated, stay tuned!
- Different Types of Milk Frothers – https://www.brownscoffee.com/
- Milk Frothers? Do You Use One? – https://www.reddit.com/
- The Ultimate Guide to Purchasing the Best Milk Frother – http://thrivaholic.com/
- How to Use a Milk Frother – http://www.cuppamigo.com/
- The Facts About Milk Foam – https://www.ricardocuisine.com/
- How to Clean Electric Milk Frother? – https://www.reddit.com/